What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is a pressure therapy given on the feet(or hands), where all the structures and organs of the body are reflected in miniature. For example touching one part of the foot or toe corresponds to different parts of your body’s organs, systems & structures. In a one hour treatment all these points are pressed for a full routine on each foot.
When you are under stress, tensions build up in the body which can cause muscular pains, headaches, digestive issues and many other symptoms. Reflexology can help the body relax in order to release tensions held in muscles, organs and glands. This in turn helps to bring about balance to your mind and body. It is especially good for those who prefer not to take any clothing off for a therapeutic treatment.
- Can reduce stress, encourage deep relaxation, enhance energy and the immune system
- Can improve circulation and relieve water retention
- Helps restful sleep and can relieve anxiety & depression
- Helps eliminate waste products like toxins from the body
- Can help to reduce pain, such as arthritis and endocrine related conditions such as PMT
Contraindications are few; however please talk to the therapist if you have thrombosis; you are in your first trimester of pregnancy or have undiagnosed pain.